It’s a vegetable party! Made with carrots, corn, capsicum, beans, onions, and cauliflower, this delicious Vegetable Jalfrezi is the ultimate Indian dish that goes best with rice or chapatti’s!
- 4-5 cups of cut vegetables (carrot, baby corn, capsicum, beans, cauliflower, etc)
- 1/2 cup of onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of kasurimethi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 4 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- A pinch of sugar
- Cut Tomatoes in four pieces each and grind to make a puree.
- Put tomato puree in sauce pan, bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After all the moisture from tomatoes has evaporated, add brown sugar and mix well.
- Now take cauliflower and carrots in a microwave safe dish, add splash of water, cover and microwave for about a minute.
- Now heat up 2 tbsp oil, add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Then add cooked carrots and cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add green beans, red pepper, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add paneer, green peas, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Tomato paste, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, add a splash of water, mix well.
- Add shredded cabbage, mix very well.
- And cook everything together for 5-8 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves