Nariyal Bhat - a terrific accompaniment to many Thai and Indian dishes. Quick and easy to make without going to a lot of extra work.
- 2 cups / 400 gm Basmati rice, washed, soaked in water for 30 minutes drained
- 3 tbsp / 45 gm Ghee / refined oil
- 1 cup / 120 gm onion, sliced
- 10 black peppers’ (sabut kali mirch)
- 10 curry leaves (kadhi patta)
- 6 Green cardamoms (choti elachi)
- 6 cloves (laung)
- 4 cups / 800 ml coconut milk (nariyal ka dudh), thick
- Salt to use
- Heat the ghee / oil in a work (kadhai); add the onions black peppercorns curry leaves, green cardamoms, and cloves, Sauté together until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the rice and stir until it is evenly coated with ghee / oil. Add the coconut milk and salt. Cook until the rice is tender.