Lemon Rice Recipe- is the one of most popular and often made rice recipe from south India. Get complete recipe and ingredient of lemon rice from Kohinoor Speciality Foods.
- 1-1/2 cups /300gm Rice, long-grained, washed and soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml Refined oil
- 1/2 tsp / 1-1/2 gm Yellow mustard sccds(rai)
- 1/2 tsp / 1-1/2 gm Black mustard sccds(rai)
- a pinch Asafoctida (hing) powder
- 25 Curry leaves (kadhi patta)
- 1/2 tsp / 3 gm Ginger (adrak), chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 3 Dry red chillies (sookhi lal mirch), shredded thickly
- 2 tbsp / 30 gm Cashew nuts (kaju), split raw, roasted
- 1 tsp Black gram (urad dal), husked.
- 1 tsp Split Bengal gram (chana dal), roasted
- 3/4 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- 2-1/2 tbsp / 37 ml Lemon (nimbu) juice
- Salte to taste.
- 2 tbsp /30 ml Water
- 1 tbsp / 4 gm Green coriander (hara dhaniya), chopped
- Drain the rice and boil in 4 cups water until the rice is just tender. Drain the rice thoroughly of all the excess water, keep aside in a warm oven.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add both the yellow and black mustard seeds. When they pop, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, ginger, green chilli, dry red chillies, cashew nuts, husked black gram, Bengal gram, and turmeric powder. Saute for a few second. Add the lemon juice, salt and water. Stir-fry for a minute.
- Toss this tempering into the rice and mix carefully. Garnish with green coriander.