Carrot rice is relished and enjoyed by those who like a mild spicy taste in their food.
- Carrots: 2, grated
- Onion: 1 1/2 chopped or sliced
- Green chilies: 3 or 4, slit
- Rice bran oil: 1 tbsp. or any refined oil
- Kohinoor Basmati rice : 4 cups
- Small Cardamom: 3 no.
- Cinnamon stick: 1 no (2”)
- Cloves: 2 no
- Salt to taste
- Cook the rice and keep aside.
- Grate two carrots.
- Chop the onion, slit the green chilies.
- Heat skillets add 1 tbsp. of oil, add in the small cardamom, clove and cinnamon stick; allow it to splutter, add the onions, chilies. Simmer the fire and let it sauté for 2 min. add the salt.
- Add the blanched grated carrots. Stir well, so that it does not get sticked to the bottom. Stir for 1 or 2 minutes. Then add the cooked rice and tossed it well and cover it for 1 minute and serve.
- Serve with raita or butter chicken or any vegetable curry.