Cheese, onion and green peas' pulao, swiftly prepared, quickly eaten - a nutritious, delicious pulao that combines cheese with the right balance of mild spices.
- 1 1/4 cups Charminar Special Pulao Rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 25 mm (1") piece dalchini
- 1 laung
- 1 tejpatta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 3/4 tsp green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- 3/4 cup boiled green peas
- 1/3 cup grated processed cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dhania
- Clean, wash and soak the Charminar Special Pulao Rice for approx. 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add cumin seeds, dalchini, laung and tejpata and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the onions, green chilli paste and sauté on a low flame till the onions turn shining.
- Add the rice and sauté on a medium flame till they turn light pink in color.
- Add 2½ cups of hot water and salt, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the green peas, cheese and dhania and mix gently.
- Lower the flame, cover and cook till the rice is ready, while stirring continuously.