The quintessential Chicken Fried Rice gets an added touch when cooked with Kohinoor Basmati Rice. With the goodness of chicken, egg and vegetables, this dish can be had without any accompaniments!
- 1 pound chicken, about 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 cups cooked Kohinoor Basmati rice *
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- Cook and shred the chicken.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom.
- Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice and chicken to the veggie and egg mixture.
- Pour the soy sauce on top.
- Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.