Goan coconut riceThe rice has a mild flavour of coconut milk and it pairs up nicely with any spicy curry. Overall, it is a simple recipe with nothing that would unnecessarily overwhelm one's senses.
- 2 cup - long grain rice, washed and soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 - Coconut grated
- 3 cups - boiled water
- 1 - onion, chopped finely
- 1 - onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup - cashews halved
- 10-12- Almonds halved
- 2-3 tbsp - Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Grind coconut to a fine paste, with 3 cups of boiled water, extract milk, keep aside.
- Heat ghee, add cashews, fry to a light golden, drain, keep aside.
- Do the same with almonds and onions.
- Add chopped onions, stir fry till transparent.
- Add drained rice, coconut milk, salt.
- Bring to a boil, simmer till rice is cooked.
- Garnish with fried cashews, almonds, onions, just before serving.
- Serve hot