Kohinoor Kadhi Pakoda & Rice 2 Minute Meal
Kadhi Pakora is a much loved dish that enhances the flavor and consistency of curd. Get complete recipe and ingredient of Kadhi Pakora from Kohinoor Speciality Foods.
For Besan Pakora
- 1/2 cup Besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped (or 1 medium) Onion
- 1 Green Chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- A small pinch of Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon Water
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup Sour Curd (yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Besan (gram flour)
- 1½ cups Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 2 Dry Red Kashmiri Chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- Mix gram flour, chopped onion, chopped green chilli, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add water (approx. 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon) in small quantities and make very thick batter.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan on medium flame. Take spoonful of batter in between your fingers or in a spoon and carefully drop it in oil. Drop 5-6 pakoras in single batch.
- Deep fry them until medium brown and crispy. Drain and transfer on plate having kitchen paper napkin on it and keep aside. Follow the same process for remaining batter.
- Beat curd and gram flour in a bowl with hand beater or blender.
- Add 1½ cups water, turmeric powder and salt. Blend all ingredients using hand blender until the batter is smooth. Ensure that there are no lumps.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium size deep pan over medium flame. Add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. When they begin to crackle add cumin seeds and grated ginger; sauté for 20-30 seconds.
- Add prepared curd-flour batter and mix well.
- Cook on medium flame until raw smell of gram flour goes away or for approx. 8-10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally in between to prevent sticking. If mixture becomes very thick, then add 1/2 cup more water and cook for 3-4 minutes. It should have pouring consistency.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small tempering pan on low flame. When oil is medium hot enough, remove tempering pan from flame and add dry red chilli and red chilli powder. Immediately pour it over prepared kadhi.
- Add deep fried pakoras, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the flame and garnish it with coriander leaves.