Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Kashmiri Dum Aloo is known as Dum Oluv and a very authentic way of cooking dum pukth. Dum Aloo is popular dish in the beautiful valley of Kashmir
- Potatoes, peeled 18-20 small
- Oil for deep-frying
- Kashmiri red chillies, ground 5-6
- Yogurt 1 cups
- Green Cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry Ginger Powder (soonth) 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seed (saunf) powder 2 tablespoons
- Mustard oil 1/4 cup
- Clove powder a generous pinch
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder and Pomegranate powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Prick the potatoes all over with the help of a fork. Keep in salted water for fifteen minutes. Drain and wipe dry.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep-fry the potatoes on medium heat till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
- Whisk the yogurt with Kashmiri red chilli paste, green cardamom powder, dry ginger powder and fennel powder. Heat the mustard oil in a pan.
- Add the clove powder and asafoetida. Add half a cup of water and salt to taste and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the yogurt mixture and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the fried potatoes and cook till the potatoes absorb the gravy and the oil surfaces.
- Serve hot, garnished with roasted cumin powder and garam masala powder.