Kanegach Yakhnee Pulao
Kanegach Yakhnee Pulao is mushroom pulao. When done sprinkle some ver and serve garnished with silver varq.
- 1-1/2 cups / 300 gm Basmati rice in a number of changes water, soaked in enough water to cover for 30 minutes, drained
- 1 kg Mushrooms , cut into 4 pieces each, washed
- ½ cup / 75 gm Onion paste
- 10 Green cardamoms (choti elachi)
- 4 Black cardamoms (badi elahi)
- 10 Cloves
- 4 cinnamon (dalchini) sticks, 1 each
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp / 6 gm Garlic ground
- 1 cup / 200 gm Cooked yoghurt
- 1-1/2 tsp / 3 gm Dry ginger powder
- 1-1/2 tsp / 2 gm coriander (dhaniya) powder
- ¼ tsp Black comic (sah jeera) seeds
- ¼ tsp Black pepper (kali mirch) powder
- ¼ dry mint (pudina) leaves
- Boil the mushrooms in water for 5-7 minutes. Drain wash in cold water and drain.
- Put the washed mushrooms in a pan and add the oil, onion paste, green and black cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon sticks, salt and garlic. Put the pan on heat and mix well. Stir and cook until the mushrooms are light brown in colour.
- Add the cooked yoghurt and continue to cook until the oil separates. All 3 cups water dry ginger and coriander powder. Stir to mix well. Add the drained rice. Stir bring to the boil reduce heat and simmer until the rice is done.
- Garnish with black cumin seeds, black pepper powder, and dry mint leaves.