Parsi Dhansak Pulao
Parsi rice recipe made with white basmati or brown basmati rice and served with garnished fried oninos, parsi dal etc.
- 1-1/2 cups / 300 gm Basmati , washed in a number of changed of water , soaked in enough water to cover for 30 minutes.
- 3 tbsp / 45 ml Refined oil
- 2 Cinnamon (dalchini) Sticks, 1 each
- 6 cloves (laugn)
- 3 green cardamoms (choti elachi)
- 8 Black peperone (sabut kali mirch)
- 1 cup / 120 gm onions , sliced
- 2 tbsp / 40 gm sugar
- Salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in a pan; add the cinnamon sticks, green cardamoms and black peperone’s, sault until the green cardamoms changes colour. Add the onions and sauté until light brown. Add the cleaned rice and stir carefully for 3 minutes.
- Dissolve the sugar in a pan over very low heat until it is golden. Remove the pan from the heat and add ½ cup water stir to mix well. Return the pan to the heat and bring back to the boil.
- Add the sugar water 2-1/2 cups water and salt. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and cook covered until the rice is done and the water is absorbed completely.