Saudi Kabsa is a most popular dish. Saudi Kabsa cooked with chicken. It is a very traditional dish.
- 1/2 kg of long-grain Kohinoor Basmati Rice.
- 8 Chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 (12 ounces)Can tomato puree
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, grated rind of one orange
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup raisins sliced almonds & cashews
- Sautee onion in oil until they begin to brown.
- Add chicken pieces, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, garlic and stir for about five minutes over low heat.
- Stir in three cups hot water, grated carrot, orange rind, spices, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, about 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken. Set aside to keep warm.
- Stir rice into the liquid in the pan, and cook, covered over low heat for about 35-40 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Put rice on a serving platter with chicken pieces arranged around garnish with fried raisins almonds and cashews.