Zarda Pulao is a luscious sweet saffron rice specially made during the Eid festivals. Mawa or coconut or any spices can also be added in the pulao to enhance the flavour.
- 225g of Kohinoor Basmati Rice
- 50g of clarified butter
- 200g of sugar
- 30g of cashew nuts
- 15g pistachio nuts
- 30g cream
- A pinch of saffron
- Silver paper (edible)
- Wash, soak and drain rice.
- Heat half the clarified butter and fry the rice.
- Add one and half times the quantity of water and let it cook.
- When ¾ is cooked, add the sugar and the remaining clarified butter, cream and saffron soaked in little milk. Cover tightly.
- Keep in the oven or with a live coal on the lid.
- Fry the nuts and add them to the rice.
- Serve garnished with edible silver paper.