Methi Mutter Malai
Methi Mutter Malai is a popular north Indian vegetable dish. It is made with methi leaves, matar and malai.
- 2 cups chopped Fenugreek (Methi) Leaves
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1 Onion, chopped
- ½ large Tomatoes
- 1 cup Green Peas
- ½ cup Cream
- 1 tbsp. Garam Masala
- 1 tsp. Red Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- To be ground into a paste
- 4 Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp. Cashewnuts (Kaju)
- 2 tsp Poppy Seeds (Khus-Khus)
- 1 tbsp. Melon Seed (Magaz)
- 1 tbsp. Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Make a paste out of green chillies, cashewnuts, melon seed, poppy seeds and ginger garlic paste by adding some water.
- Wash the methi leaves, chop them and add salt. Keep them aside.
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds and onions. Sauté onions till translucent.
- Make puree of tomatoes and add to the onions. Let it cook for 5 mins.
- Add the poppy seeds & cashewnuts paste.
- Mix well and add garam masala and salt powder.
- Now add fenugreek leaves and green peas.
- Mix everything well.
- Finally add cream and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Methi Matar Malai is ready to be served with hot rotis.