Mushroom Rice - A popular Indo-Chinese dish. It is also known a s european style rice for it flavor and taste.
- Basmati Rice -1 cup
- Button mushrooms - 150 grams
- Onions – 2
- Ginger-Garlic paste -2 tsp
- Thick Curd -1/4 cup (should not be sour)
- Salt to taste
For the seasoning
- Cinnamon -1 inch piece
- Bay leaf -1
- Cloves -3
- Oil -1 tbsp.
- Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes, drain the water and keep it aside.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them as you like but not into very small pieces.
- Thinly slice onions.
- Heat oil and add all the ingredients under seasoning.
- Add onions and sauté till they turn pink.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for some more time.
- Add button mushroom, fry for a few seconds.
- Add curd and sauté for a few seconds.
- Now add cooked basmati rice and toss it.
- Final it with seasoning and serve hot.
- Garnish it with balsamic roasted mushroom.