mutton biryani recipe
Mutton Biryani Recipe- Mutton Zurbian Rice is an Arabic dish of rice and meat with aromatic spices, It is similar to Hyderabadi Biryani.
- 2 LBS lamb pieces (with bones)
- 8 C Water
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 2-1/2 cup Basmati Rice, washed & drained
- 2 tbsp. Clarified Butter (ghee)
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup plain Yogurt
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp. White Ground Pepper
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Turmeric
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Cardamom
- 3 garlic Cloves, peeled & crushed
- Garnish with roasted Dry Nuts.
- Place lamb pieces and water in a large cooking pot. Bring to boil; remove froth as it appears.
- Add chicken bouillon cubes; cover and simmer over low heat for about ninety minutes or until lamb pieces are fully cooked.
- Remove lamb from pot; add the basmati rice to stock and boil for about ten minutes or until almost cooked. Drain rice and set aside.
- Heat clarified butter in a large pot; add chopped onions and cook for five to seven minutes or until golden brown.
- Add cooked lamb pieces; stir gently to mix. In a bowl, combine yogurt with chopped tomatoes, spices and garlic; pour mixture over lamb pieces.
- Add the partially-cooked basmati on top; cover and cook over low heat for twenty-five to thirty minutes or until rice is fully cooked. Serve.