Colorful, spicy and delicious, these stuffed bell peppers with minced meat are the perfect pick for potlucks, picnics or parties!
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked Kohinoor rice (starting from about 3/4 to 1 cup raw white rice)
- 4 to 6 bell peppers (red, yellow, or green), use 4 large, or 6 medium sized
- 450g of mutton mince (with15% fat)
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry summer savory
- 1/2 teaspoon ground marjoram (or 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- For Rice- Use 1 cup of Kohinoor raw white rice plus 1 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring to boil, turnflame to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers. Remove and discard the stem and seeds. Place bell peppers cut side up on a steaming rack over an inch of water in a large covered pot. Bring to boil and steam for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 176°C. In a large bowl mix together the mutton minces, basil, summer savory, marjoram, salt, several turns of black pepper, and rice.
- Remove bell peppers from steamer pan. Place cut side up in other oven-proof casserole. Gently stuff the peppers with the mutton mince rice mixture. Drizzle olive oil over stuffed peppers, along the outside of the peppers, and into the pan. Rub the oil over the outside of the peppers; it will help with browning. Sprinkle the tops generously with paprika.
- Place on middle rack and cook for 35-50 minutes, or longer, until the meat is cooked through.
- Serve with ketchup.