tomato rice recipe
Tomato Rice Recipe is a delicious and easy to cook meal for rice-lovers.Get complete traditional Spanish rice recipe of Tomato Chilli Rice from Kohinoor Speciality Foods.
- 1 tbsp. of Butter
- 2 cups of Kohinoor Basmati rice
- 1/3 cup diced Jalapenos
- 1/3 cup diced Green Onions
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle, or more to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 cups Vegetable /Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup of Tomato sauce
Ingredients for Tomato Sauce
- 2 medium size Tomato
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 clove crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp. chopped Shallots.
- ½ tsp. Pepperoncino
- ¼ tsp. Salt.
- ¼ tsp. White Pepper.
- ½ tsp. freshly chopped Oregano and Parsley
For Tomato Sauce
- Take a sauce pan, heat the pan and add the oil heat it, and then add crushed garlic and sauté then add the chopped shallots then add the concasse of tomato and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add the pepperoncino, salt and white pepper and cook it for 3 minutes.
- At last add the freshly chopped herbs to it.
- In a saucepan on low heat, melt the butter, and add Kohinoor Basamti rice, peppers, onions, and garlic.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, coating the grains of rice with the butter. Stir in the chili powder, chipotle, cumin, and salt.
- Add the chicken stock and tomato sauce. Turn the heat to med-high and bring to a simmer. Then turn down to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, turn off the heat and let sit for 9 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork, and serve hot.