Vegetable Korma - Vegetable korma is a dish that is available all over india, but it is very interesting to note how the seasonings and flavourings change from region to region.
- 2 tbsp. Ghee
- 1/2 cup grated Onions
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 cup blanched and chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup broken Cashew Nuts
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped Mixed Vegetables (Babycorn,Potato,Carrot French Beans and Green Peas)
- 1/2 cup fried Paneer cubes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp. corn Flour dissolved in 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp. fresh Cream
- a pinch of Sugar
- a pinch of Garam Masala
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai; add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium lame for 1 minute.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cashew nuts and 2 tbsp. of water and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables, paneer, mix well and cook no a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, milk-corn flour mixture and fresh cream and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh cream .